This is the weekly health tip from the IHSAA.
Tuesday’s Health Tip: Week 2 • Dietary Tip – Let’s start burning fat first thing each morning. A sweeter way to get a healthy dose of omega-3s; Flax! This PUFA-rich, high-fiber seed has been linked to lower cholesterol, and it can aid in digestion. Sprinkle fresh ground flaxseed on your oatmeal, or mix ¼ cup of ground flaxseed right into your favorite muffin recipe. For a healthier take, try baking with whole-wheat pastry flour and swapping in almond milk for regular milk. Opt for a hearth healthy plant-based oil, like flaxseed oil, in your recipe. Include fresh blueberries!!
▪ Exercise Tip – Continuing our slow, but steady work… Stomach Vacuums This is similar to what we call the cat stretch pose. This is also known as the four-point, transverse-abdominal stomach vacuum. Follow the steps below for this exercise; start reducing that mid-section’s unwanted fat:
▪ Go down to the ground on all fours, supporting your body on your hands and knees.
▪ Inhale deeply and loosen your abdomen.
▪ As you exhale, tighten the abdomen muscles.
▪ Hold this position for 15-30 seconds.
▪ Repeat the process.
Here’s to Your Health!!