The 53rd Annual IHSAA Baseball Tournament begins on Wednesday May 22 at Plymouth High School.
John Adams will play SB Clay in Game 3 of the tournament at 6:00 PM on Thursday May 23. The winner of the game will advance to play the winner of the game between Michigan City and Mishawaka on Saturday May 25. The Sectional Championship game is scheduled for 6:00 PM on Monday May 27.
Tickets for the Sectional are $6.00 per session and $10.00 for a season pass.
The winner of the Plymouth Sectional will play in the LaPorte Regional on Saturday June 1.
The Semi State is scheduled for Saturday June 8, with exact locations to be announced following the Regional.
The 4A State Championship will take place at Victory Field in Indianapolis on Monday and Tuesday June 17 and 18.
The IHSAA has the following restrictions:
- Banners and/or posters are not permitted.
- No battery‐powered or electronic noisemakers, sirens or whistles are allowed.
- Cheerleaders are not permitted on the playing field.
- No live animal mascots are permitted.
- Solicitations, donations, contributions and aggressive vending of school spirit items are not permitted.
More information can be found on the IHSAA at http://www.ihsaa.org/dnn/Sports/Boys/Baseball/StateTournament/tabid/3223/Default.aspx#38642476-sectionals
Be sure to follow John Adams Athletics on Twitter @JAEagles1 for updates throughout the tournament.
The John Baseball Team has won six Sectional Championships, in 1971, 1978, 1979, 1993, 2000, and 2009. The team has also won three Regional titles, in 1971, 1978, and 1979