The 26th Annual Boys Soccer IHSAA Tournament begins this week! The John Adams Boys Soccer team will be playing in the SB Adams Sectional to be played at TCU School Field in South Bend.
The Eagles open up on the second night of play on Wednesday October 9 at 7:00 PM against the LaPorte Slicers. The winner of that game will advance to the Sectional Championships at 2:00 PM on Saturday October 12.
Teams in the SB Adams Sectional include LaPorte, Michigan City, Mishawaka, Plymouth, SB Adams and SB Riley.
The schedule for the Sectional is as follows:
Monday October 7
Match 1 – 5:00 PM – SB Riley v Plymouth
Match 2 – 7:00 PM – Michigan City v Mishawaka
Wednesday October 9
Match 3 – 5:00 PM – Winner G1 v Winner G2
Match 4 – 7:00 PM – SB Adams v LaPorte
Saturday October 12
Sectional Championship – 2:00 PM – Winner Semifinal 1 v Winner Semi Final 2
The winner of the Sectional Championship will advance to play in the Goshen Regional on Saturday October 19.
Game tickets are $6.00 per session or $10.00 for a season pass (All games of the sectional). John Adams All Sports Passes are NOT acceptable for IHSAA Tournament events.
The IHSAA has the following restrictions for post season play:
- Balloons, banners and/or posters, etc. are not permitted.
- No battery-powered or electronic noise-makers, sirens or whistles are allowed.
- Cheerleaders are not permitted on the playing field.
- The use of bands at IHSAA tourneys is not permitted.
- Throwing of articles, including toilet tissue is not allowed.
- No live animal mascots are permitted.
- Solicitations, donations, contributions and aggressive vending of school spirit items are not permitted.
Complete information about the tournament as well as a bracket can be found on ihsaa.org as well as Soccer Pairings 2019