The 45th Annual Girls Basketball IHSAA State Tournament begins on Tuesday February 4 throughout the State of Indiana. The John Adams Lady Eagles will open up play on Tuesday February 4 in Game 1 of the Michigan City Class 4A Sectional. Adams will play LaPorte beginning at 6:00 PM CST at Michigan City HS. The winner of Game 1 goes on to play SB Riley in the Semifinals on Friday night. John Adams will be the visiting team on the scoreboard.
Teams competing in the Michigan City Sectional are LaPorte, Michigan City, Mishawaka, Plymouth, SB Adams, and SB Riley.
All games will be played at Michigan City HS located at 8466 W Pahs Rd, Michigan City, IN 46360. Tickets for the Sectional rounds are $6.00 per session or $10.00 for a season pass.
The winner of the Michigan City Sectional will advance to the LaPorte Regional on Saturday February 15.
The schedule for the Michigan City Sectional is as follows:
G1: South Bend Adams vs. LaPorte. Tues 6:00 PM CST
G2: Mishawaka vs. Michigan City. Tues 7:30 PM CST
G3: South Bend Riley vs. Winner of G1. Fri 6:00 PM CST
G4: Plymouth vs. Winner of G2. Fri 7:30 PM CST
Championship: Winner of G3 vs. Winner of G4. Sat 7:30 PM CST
Complete information from the IHSAA can be found at https://ihsaa.org/Sports/Girls/Basketball/2019-20/State-Tournament#40252439-sectionals
The IHSAA has the following restrictions in place for all state tournaments
- No publications, brochures, fliers, etc. of any kind, whether for sale or free-of-charge, are to be distributed at IHSAA tournament events without prior approval from the IHSAA.
- Balloons, banners and/or posters, etc. are not permitted.
- Cowbells and other such noise devices, banners, shakers on sticks, signs, posters, etc., are not permitted.
- No live animal mascots are permitted.
- Line-up lanes of fans shall not be permitted on the playing floor at any time.
- Audio/video devices are not permitted on the playing floor.
- The throwing of articles, including toilet tissue, is not allowed.
Good Luck Lady Eagles!