The 83rd Annual Boys Swimming and Diving IHSAA State tournament gets underway on Thursday February 20 with the Sectional Preliminary trials.
The John Adams Boys Swimming and Diving team will compete in the Mishawaka Sectional. Competing teams in the Mishawaka Sectional include Bremen, Glenn, Mishawaka, Mishawaka Marian, New Prairie, Penn, SB Adams, SB Clay, SB Riley, SB St Joseph, and SB Washington.
Swimming Preliminaries will begin on Thursday February 20 at 5:30 PM. The diving preliminary trials and semi finals will begin at 9:00 AM on Saturday February 22 at 9:00 AM. Consolation finals and finals in all events will begin at 1:00 PM on Saturday.
The top 8 finishers in swimming prelims on Thursday will advance to the Finals and next 8 to the consolation finals. The 1st place finisher in each swimming event will advance to the IHSAA State Finals on Friday February 28. Also advancing will be any swimmer who meets the IHSAA State standard or the next fastest throughout the state that will bring the total of 32 competitors in each event.
In Diving, the top 4 divers will advance to the Mishawaka Regional on Tuesday February 25. The top 8 divers in the Regional will qualify for the IHSAA State Finals on Saturday February 29.
A team championship trophy will be awarded to the winning team and ribbons will be awarded to the 1st – 8th place finishers in each event.
Cost of admission to the Sectional are $6.00 per session or $10.00 for a season pass.
The IHSAA has the following restrictions in place for all state tournaments
- No publications, brochures, fliers, etc. of any kind, whether for sale or free-of-charge, are to be distributed at IHSAA tournament events without prior approval from the IHSAA.
- Balloons, banners and/or posters, etc. are not permitted.
- Cowbells and other such noise devices, banners, shakers on sticks, signs, posters, etc., are not permitted.
- No live animal mascots are permitted.
- Line-up lanes of fans shall not be permitted on the playing floor at any time.
- Audio/video devices are not permitted on the playing floor.
- The throwing of articles, including toilet tissue, is not allowed.
Good Luck Eagles!
The schedule for the weekend is as follows:
SESSION #1: THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2019
4:30 pm Doors open for spectators
5:15 pm Warm-ups conclude
5:30 pm Swimming preliminaries begin
SESSION #2: SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2019
8:15 pm Doors open for spectators
8:50 pm Diving practice concludes
9:00 am Diving preliminaries begin
SESSION #3: SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2019
12:00 pm Doors open for spectators
1:00 pm Opening announcements, National Anthem
Consolations and finals in each event