The 110h Annual Boys Basketball IHSAA State Tournament begins on Tuesday March 3 throughout the State of Indiana. The John Adams Eagles will open up play on Wednesday March 4 in Game #3 of the LaPorte Class 4A Sectional. Adams will play Mishawaka beginning at 5:00 PM CST / 6:000 PM EST at LaPorte HS. The winner of Game 3 goes on to play the winner of Michigan City/LaPorte in the Semifinals on Friday night. John Adams will be the visiting team on the scoreboard.
Teams competing in the LaPorte Sectional are Culver Military Academy, LaPorte, Michigan City, Mishawaka, Plymouth, SB Adams, and SB Riley
All games will be played at LaPorte HS, 602 F St, La Porte, IN 46350 Tickets for the Sectional rounds are $6.00 per session or $10.00 for a season pass.
Season tickets are now on sale in the John Adams Athletic Office for $10.
Fans should enter LaPorte HS for the games through either the Main Entrance or Door #23.
The winner of the LaPorte Sectional will advance to the Michigan City Regional on Saturday March 14.
The schedule for the LaPorte Sectional is as follows:
G1: Culver Academies vs. South Bend Riley Tues. Mar. 3rd 6 PM CST
G2: South Bend Adams vs. Mishawaka Wed. Mar. 4th 5 PM CST
Complete information from the IHSAA can be found at https://ihsaa.org/Sports/Boys/Basketball/2019-20/State-Tournament#40262444-sectionals
The IHSAA has the following restrictions in place for all state tournaments
- No publications, brochures, fliers, etc. of any kind, whether for sale or free-of-charge, are to be distributed at IHSAA tournament events without prior approval from the IHSAA.
- Balloons, banners and/or posters, etc. are not permitted.
- Cowbells and other such noise devices, banners, shakers on sticks, signs, posters, etc., are not permitted.
- No live animal mascots are permitted.
- Line-up lanes of fans shall not be permitted on the playing floor at any time.
- Audio/video devices are not permitted on the playing floor.
- The throwing of articles, including toilet tissue, is not allowed.
Good Luck Eagles!