The South Bend Community School Corporation and John Adams High School has released helpful information for both student athletes and parents as we move forward to returning to education based athletics this fall.
Please see the following flyers for more information!
High School Student Athlete Information
In advance of July 6 athletics program opening:
- EventLink has replaced Family ID for registration and required forms. Student athletes must create an account on EventLink.
- Schedule changes will be posted in EventLink.
- Student athletes should self-monitor temperatures at home and report any changes to coaches immediately.
- Student athletes must quarantine and inform coaches and teammates if they come in contact with an infected person.
- Student athletes must bring water to practices; there will be no shared water coolers or hoses available.
- Student athletes must bring their own masks.
- Student athletes must adhere to the social distancing requirements established by their coaches.
- Locker rooms will be closed; student athletes must arrive at practice in practice attire and leave immediately after practice has ended.
- Student athletes must fill out the 2020-21 IHSAA Health History Update Questionnaire and Consent and Release Certificate and if they answer “yes” to any of the seven questions, they will need a new physical by July 6.
- Required forms are available through EventLink on SBCSC website, each high school’s athletics website, and on the corporation’s social media platforms.
High School Parent Information
- EventLink has replaced Family ID for athletics forms and registration; parents must create an account with EventLink.
- All required athletics forms are available in EventLink, and can be found on South Bend Community School Corporation website, FaceBook, and Twitter, as well as on each high school’s athletics website.
- The 2020-21 IHSAA Health History Update Questionnaire and Consent and Release Certificate has seven questions; if you answer “yes” to any of those seven questions, your student athlete will need to have a new physical by July 6.
- Parents will be able to pay the athletic insurance through EventLink.
- All athletes must bring their own water bottles and face coverings to practice.
- Locker rooms will not be in use, so athletes should wear their practice attire to all practices.