The 49th Annual IHSAA Volleyball Tournament kicks off during the week of October 12.
John Adams will be competing in the Class 4A Michigan City Sectional. Teams in the Michigan City Sectional include LaPorte, Michigan City, Mishawaka, Plymouth, SB Adams, and SB Riley.
The Eagles will begin action in Match 2 of the Sectional on Thursday October 15 against host Michigan City. Game 2 is scheduled to begin at approximately 8:00 EST (7:00 CST).
The winner will advance to play Plymouth in the Sectional Semifinal.
Semifinals and the Sectional Championship game are scheduled for Saturday October 17. The winner of the Michigan City Sectional will advance to the LaPorte Regional on Saturday October 24.
Tickets for the Sectional are $6.00 per session. Spectators can enter the Michigan City HS gym through Door J. There is ample parking located behind Michigan City High School. Doors will open 1 hour prior to each session.
Complete information about the draw can be found at Volleyball Pairing 2020
The IHSAA has the following restrictions in place:
- Balloons, banners and/or posters, shakers on sticks, etc. are not permitted.
- Cowbells and other such noise devices are not permitted.
- No live animal mascots are permitted.
- “Line-up” lanes of fans shall not be permitted on the playing floor at any time.
- Carry-in radios, cassette and tape decks, etc., are not permitted in the gymnasium.
- No solicitations shall be permitted, including donations, contributions, and aggressive vending of school spirit items.
It shall be the responsibility of each high school principal to see that the above restrictions are enforced.
Be sure to follow John Adams Athletics throughout the week for updates.
Good luck Lady Eagles!