The South Bend Community School Corporation has released guidelines and restrictions for Winter Sporting events.
“The health and safety guidelines we’ve developed allow our student athletes, coaches, and spectators as safe an experience as possible, given the challenges posed by the pandemic,” said Director of Athletics and School Learning, Howard T. Edwards. “We’re grateful for the caution and care being exercised by the community as we look ahead to the winter athletics season.”
The following safety protocols will be required and followed:
- Mask wearing
- Social distancing to the greatest extent possible
- Multiple hand sanitizer stations provided at all events
- Maximum indoor capacity of 300 attendees for high school
(These totals include athletes, cheerleaders, pep band, and essential personnel)
- Tickets will be pre-sold to two family members (children may be permitted with adult) per home school and visiting student competitors
- Cheerleaders and pep band (25 maximum) are permitted to participate during home games only
- No spectators permitted. Athletes only due to capacity and spacing limitations
- Tickets are pre-sold to parents/ guardians only (2 total) each for participating student-athlete
With these restrictions and limitations in place, John Adams Athletics is currently working out a plan to live stream and broadcast as many home events as possible. You can always check out John Adams Athletics YouTube page (John Adams Athletics) and the website for updated information and plans.