The Wrestling team will compete in the 2021 Northern Indiana Conference Championships on Saturday January 16. The Invitational will be hosted by Elkhart HS and be held at Elkhart HS West Campus (Formerly Memorial HS)school. Weight Classes 106-138 will compete in Tubbs Gymnasium and Weight classes 145-285 will compete in the Fieldhouse to ensure distancing and safety measures. Spectators will be allowed to attend. All fans are to enter through Door 12 located on the west side of the building. All fans should sit in the bleachers socially distanced from other family units. Cost of tickets will be $7.00. Each student athlete will receive 2 vouchers that will be presented to the ticket taker that will be good for admission to one person.
The results of the NIC tournament will determine the final standings for Wrestling in the NIC for the 2020-2021 season. The first place wrestler in each weight class will be recognized as First Team All Conference and the second and third place finishers recognize as Honorable Mention.
Action and results can be followed on trackwrestling.com
A schedule for the day is as follows:
9:00 Am – Weigh Ins / Doors Open for spectators
10:00 AM – Wrestling Begins
3:00 PM – Finals (approximate time)
The following safety guidelines will be in place.
- Only essential personnel are allowed on team benches and scorer’s table areas.
- There will be no spectator seating behind the home and visitor team bench and the event worker tables.
- Everyone entering the school building must be wearing a face covering.
- No face covering = No admittance
- Face covering must be worn at all times
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Enter through Door 12 (northwest corner of the building).
- All spectators must wear a face covering and social distance from other family units.
- Visitor seating will be marked in Tubbs Gym (duals).
- Spectator seating for invites will not be marked in either Tubbs Gym or the fieldhouse. Fans are expected to social distance from other family units.
- Spectators should not linger after contests. We ask that they leave immediately after the game is concluded. If they are waiting on their own child, they should exit and wait for them in their vehicles.
- Social distancing at the concession stand and restroom facilities is important.
- The first two rows of bleachers will be off limits for fans.