TCU School Field
TCU School Field was constructed and opened in 1926 and was home to athletes to all South Bend Schools. Today TCU School Field is home to the John Adams and Washington Football teams. The Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Freshman Football teams play all of their home games in the historic stadium.
Teacher Credit Union gained the naming rights to School Field in the summer of 2018. That same summer School Field received its biggest facelift in its 92 year history. The turf of the field was replaced with state of the art Field Turf, new LED lighting replaced the outdated light structures, improvements were made to the public address system, and numerous other needed upgrades to the facility. TCU School Field features a regulation size Field Turf Football Field and Soccer Field.
TCU School Field is located behind Jefferson Intermediate Center and the SBCSC Service Building on South Eddy Street.
Named after legendary John Adams Basketball Coach Dave Hadaway who’s team finished as State Runner Up in 1973, the gym is the home to the boys and girls basketball teams, volleyball team, and the wrestling team. The John Adams gym was renamed to honor Hadaway in 2005.
Dave Hadaway was the coach of the John Adams Eagles from 1969 – 1992, compiled a record of 313 – 194, and won 5 sectional championships and 9 Northern Indiana Conference Championships. Hadaway was inducted into the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame in 2000.
The gym has a seating capacity of 1,430.
When the school was opened in 1940, the gym was the largest public auditorium in the South Bend area and was a host to many public events including the world premier of Knute Rockne, All American, and concerts by Kate Smith and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
During the major renovations of John Adams during the early 2000’s, the stage was remove and a separate auditorium was built, allowing for a reconfiguration of the playing floor, adding more space along the base lines.
The court was refurbished in the summer of 2017, bringing back the Eagle Mascot to center court. New LED lighting was also added in the winter of 2017, improving the experience for players, coaches, officials, and fans alike.
John Adams Memorial Tennis Courts
The John Adams Memorial Tennis Courts are the home to both the boys and girls tennis teams. The courts are located behind the school located along Wall Street.
One of the courts is named in remembrance of Katie McCloskey. McCloskey was a member of the John Adams class of 1994 and was a member of the girls tennis team. Katie worked at the World Trade Center and was tragically killed in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States.
John Adams Pool
The John Adams Pool is home to both the Boys and Girls Swimming and Diving Teams. The pool is 25 yards long and contains 6 lanes.
Erskine Golf Course
Erskine Golf Course is a public golf course operated by the City of South Bend. Located on South Bend’s south side, the 18 hole, 6,100 yard, par 70 golf course is home to both the boys and girls golf teams. The course first opened in 1925 and has been a home course to many in South Bend for many years.
Erskine is also the unofficial home course of the boys and girls cross country programs.
Pottawatomi Park Softball Field
Located in Pottowatomi Park, neighboring John Adams High School, the public softball field is the home to the John Adams Softball team. With temporary fences to bring the outfield fences in, the Eagles are now able to host events near the school campus, rather than traveling across town for home games.
School Field is located behind Jefferson Intermediate Center and is the home field for the John Adams Baseball Team. School Field is located on the same complex as TCU School Field and Tallman – Beyrer Field.
Tallman – Beyrer Field
Home to both the boys and girls soccer teams, Tallman Beyrer Field is part of the same complex as TCU School Field and School Field (Baseball). Tallman Beyrer Field features a full regulation soccer field for high school play.
Tallman Beyrer Field is named after to of the earliest fixtures of the John Adams Soccer program.
Jim Tallman was the Head Coach of the Eagles for many years, eventually leading the team to the State Finals in the first ever IHSAA State Championship in 1994. The Eagles finished that season as state runner up. Tallman retired as coach of Adams in 1999 and was elected to the Indiana Soccer Coaches Association Hall of Fame in 2006.
Chuck Beyrer served as the team statistician to the John Adams Boys soccer program throughout the 1980s and 1990s. Beyrer was present for many of the early successes of the team including the State Runner Up finish in 1994.